Birth Doula Training Workshops
Birth Doula Trainings & Intro to Childbirth
Due to the pandemic, all trainings through April 2021 will be held virtually. Therefore, the location of the training does not matter, please register for the training that is easiest for you to attend. Please note that we have a weekend format (3 full days – Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and a weekly format (5 nights, held over five weeks).
Three Day Format:
- November 7-9, 2020 Eastern Time<— Click to Register
- November 13-15, 2020 Eastern Time <— Click to Register
- November 20-22, 2020 Central Time<—Click to Register
- January 8-10, 2021 Eastern Time <— Click to Register
- January 22-24, 2021 Eastern Time <— Click to Register
- February 5-7, 2021 Eastern Time<— Click to Register
- February 19-21, 2021 Central Time <— Click to Register
- February 26-28, 2021 Eastern Time <— Click to Register
- March 12-14, 2021 Central Time <— Click to Register
Five Night Format
- November 9 – December 7, 2020 Monday Nights 6:30-10p ET<— Click to Register
- January 4 – February 1, 2021 Monday Nights 6:30-10p ET <—Click to Register
Want to see a birth doula training in your area?
If you don’t see a training in your area and you want to have a training near you, consider serving as a liaison. You will work with Robin to bring a training to you and you’ll save money on your training. In fact, if the training gets 15 doulas to register, your training is free.
Robin teaches multiple DONA Approved Birth Doula trainings a year all over the country. While she frequently teaches in Louisville, KY, be sure to check out her other trainings. If you want to a bring a training to your area, just fill out this quick form and learn how you can attend for free. Click on a date to register for that training.
Breastfeeding for Birth Professionals
- Breastfeeding for Birth Professionals <— Click to Register
If you’re interested in becoming a doula, the birth doula workshop is the first step in that process. DONA International is an amazing resource for doulas, being the leading doula certification organization. Need more information? Don’t hesitate to learn more below.
- Learn More: Birth Doula Training FAQ
“Robin is one of the premier childbirth and doula educators in the country! She possesses a wealth of knowledge and experience that is unparalleled. Her students leave the training with a foundation of the most current evidence-based information available, as well as hands-on, practical tools to help them get started in their birth profession. Her trainings are comprehensive, interactive and fun and leave her students thoroughly prepared to start their own childbirth education or doula practice.”
“…absolutely phenomenal. I cannot even begin to tell you about all the things I learned over the course of the two days we spent together. Two days might not sound that long, but let me tell you, they were two days packed full of information, fun, and hands-on training for us doula wannabes. We talked about what a doula is and isn’t, how to run a doula business, birth and labor positions, comfort measures, breastfeeding, and sooo much more.”
“I have always been impressed by Robin as a trainer. She has a solid understanding of the current evidence-based research on maternal and child health, and she has years of experience as a childbirth educator and doula. Her presentations are engaging, fun, and I always leave with a fresh perspective. “
Images © Birth Becomes Her