Looking for a LIVE Childbirth Class Online?
As a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator Robin believes that women and their families deserve to have enough information to make a decision for their best birth. These childbirth classes are focused on increasing confidence and teaching skills that you can’t get from a book or on the Internet.
Topics that these childbirth classes cover includes:
- The pregnant body
- How your body goes into labor
- How your baby experiences labor
- Timing contractions without driving anyone crazy
- False labor versus real labor: Telling the difference
- A variety of relaxation exercises for everyone
- Things that ease labor pain, including epidural anesthesia
- Birth stories and videos
- Labor variations: Short, long, back labor, and more!
- How to push your baby out, including positions to prevent tearing
- Being a good consumer: What questions to ask and how
- Cesarean birth: Why it happens and how to make it family-centered
- Breastfeeding basics: Getting started, building a supply, basics of pumping
- Postpartum: The physical and emotional aspects of the new family
- Much more
Every student will be given a class book, all handouts and access to out of class opportunities.
Robin offers group and private childbirth classes based on the Lamaze® Healthy Birth Practices. The courses cover the changes in the end of pregnancy, advocating for the birth you want, birth planning, preparing for labor, positions that help labor progress, comfort measures, epidural anesthesia, relaxation, breathing awareness, cesarean birth, basics of postpartum and much more. While there is no one right way to give birth, it is important that you understand what options are available for you to choose. These classes are appropriate for those desiring a hospital birth, birth center, or home birth.
Classes start every few weeks. Get the schedule!
There are some really awesome supplements to in-person childbirth classes or people who need classes that are online because of scheduling or whatever reason. I’ve partnered with two great organizations to help you meet your needs. Supporting Her is offering an online class just for partners! The other is Lamaze International. They offer a few one-off classes in specialty areas. Please learn more through our affiliate links.
Supporting Her has a mission: “To improve the childbirth experience for families by creating informed, prepared, supportive partners.” We love it for the frank discussions, practical tips, and fun atmosphere. Check it out!
Every parent wants to feel prepared. We have partnered with Lamaze International to help! Take an online class with Lamaze to help prepare for labor, VBAC, breastfeeding, parenting and more! Learn at your own pace, then feel confident through birth and beyond