Get Advice on Pregnancy & Birth
The immediacy of the Internet, the accessibility of books, and the experience of About.com Guides are all at your fingertips in this dynamic how-to series!
It’s about…a fulfilling pregnancy experience-from start to finish! As a mother of eight, certified childbirth educator Robin Elise Weiss knows a thing or two about pregnancy and birth. In The About.com Guide to Having a Baby she offers all the guidance and support you need as you face the excitement and anxiety of having a baby. You’ll find accessible information and expert advice on every topic-from your relationship with your practitioner to the nursery decorations. With The About.com Guide to Having a Baby, you’ll learn how to:
- Choose a practitioner for the best birth experience.
- Know what foods to eat-and which ones to avoid-during pregnancy.
- Throw the perfect baby shower.
- Prepare for labor.
- Ensure a pleasant postpartum.
The About.com Guide to Having a Baby also includes five types of special features with informative tips and advice:
- Ask Your Guide: Robin’s expert answers to your toughest questions
- Tools You Need: Information about researching, purchasing, and using various pregnancy tools and resources
- Elsewhere on the Web: Robin’s other favorite pregnancy and birth Web sites
- What’s Hot: The hottest pregnancy trends and tips out there
- Before Your Appointment: Helpful hints on how to prepare for appointments with your practitioner Plus, you can link back to the About.com Pregnancy and Birth site for even more information:
- A unique Get Linked section at the end of each chapter lists helpful links back to About.com.
- Robin’s About.com forum offers you the opportunity to post questions, get answers, and chat with other moms-to-be.
- A belly gallery, ultrasound photos, and other visuals show you what to expect in pregnancy.